- The Brothers Grimm stories don’t make any sense! I understand why the dwarf would get to marry the youngest princess, but why would his brothers? They tried, but they were also jerks…
- I sure as heck wouldn’t go back to a man who was willing to marry another woman because his father asked him too. I wonder what would have happened if she had agreed with me
- I think I’d like Jorindel and Jorinda better if Jorinda found a way to free herself, or if Jorindel hadn’t needed magic help.
- I wonder why so many of these characters are ungrateful. It’s a good theme, but there’s so much of it that it’s getting annoying
- I’m not sure how I feel about the 12 dancing princesses. I want to know why the princesses were going, and who the princes were. How did they set it up? How long has it been going on?
- I love the irony in the turnip. The first brother is jealous of the other’s new found wealth and ends up with the turnip. The student is too silly to realize the sack can’t make him smarter so he has to stay in it until someone wiser lets him out
- I like that someone outsmarted the fox! It’s also pretty cool that the birds were able to beat all the other animals, even if it was through trickery
Bibliography: Fairy Tales by the Bothers Grimm. Web source.
Image: Ballet by sobima. Source: Pixabay