- Why were the children taken to the woods in Babes in the Wood? Did they do something wrong or misbehave?
- I feel like Robbin the Bobbin is secretly the story of a cannibalistic serial killer
- Lady Wind would make a good story if it was told from the wind’s point of view’
- Taffy was a Welshman could also be a fun story, no matter who’s point of view it was from
- The rhyme about sneezing would be a funny premise for a rom com. Someone sneezes on a Tuesday and accidentally meets the love of their life
- I love the Monday’s Child one! It’s something that my grandmother said to my mom when I was born on a Wednesday
- I wonder what little Bo-peep was doing when she lost her sheep
- Tom, the Piper’s son is kind of mean, but I bet I could make a fun story out of that
- The pretty maid goes a-milking is awesome and I’d love to write that up longer
- It’s kind of funny to see the Queen of Hearts, since I also read Alice in Wonderland this week
- The trip to St. Ives would make a cool story
Bibliography: The Nursery Rhyme Book by Andrew Lang. Web Source.
Image: Nursery Rhymes by Edward Cogger. Source: Wikimedia